Sunday 29 December 2013

ILLAMASQUA Fatale Eyeshadow Palette - Swatches and First Impressions

Hello!

This quick post is about the latest eye shadow quad palette from Illamasqua. Moving on really nicely from the creamy textured powder Paranormal Palette (see photos below), this palette is back to their smooth, soft powdery dry texture.

It is interesting to note that the Paranormal Palette is made in Thailand, and the Fatale Palette is made in Germany. I have found the best cosmetics products and brands are often made in Germany, but that is not to say that the Thailand-derived products are inferior. It is most likely to do with the ingredients and process of the eyeshadow, and who can make it.

Below are the images from the Illamasqua website, and a face chart using the palette from their Instagram account.






Their website states: 
"Put your eyes in the spotlight with this powder eye shadow palette. Enjoy four intense shimmer shades: bronzed gold, sultry berry shimmer, chestnut brown and seductive violet shimmer. Wear separately or blend to create your own bespoke look."


I think the colours definitely appear dark and brighter on the website, but luckily I saw it in store at Myer and was in love at first sight.



These shadows are highly pigmented, shimmery and soft. I cannot wait to use these tonight (going to Strike bowling with Alex and my parents).

To use on their own I think they would work well on bare lids, but if you have oily lids like me, perhaps use an eyeshadow primer or one of Illamasqua's creamy bases.

Another idea is to use the creamy texture of the Paranormal palette as bases for the powdery shades (3 of the colours are quite similar, but different enough to warrant buying both).



Here I've swatched Paranomal on its own, then with Ensnare on top. Although you may not be able to tell much of a difference, Ensnare adds a two-tone shimmer to this look and also sets the creamier shadow so it won't slide around on your lid.

As always, the packaging is gorgeous. Probably not the smallest of palettes to lug around on a daily basis, but I never take my eyeshadows with me. I've never been into de-potting palettes, mainly because you pay for packaging, so you may as well enjoy it.


Make sure to follow me on Instagram @ lucyhelena to see the look I create with this palette.

Love + Lipstick,

xx Lucy.

No comments:

Post a Comment